Friday, March 22, 2013

Clinique Dillard's Bonus Time March 2013 Review


From March 10 to March 28, You can get this free 7 pc set ($65 value) at Dillard's with any $25+ Clinique purchase.
I personally only buy my Clinique products when they have these free gift promotions, which run several times a year, and the gift itself varies by store.

I have always loved their face creams, but I have to admit I have never been much of a fan of their actual makeup. However, this time around, I was surprised by their eyeshadow/blush compact, and their lipstick. I found myself loving it! You have a choice of either the "purple" set (pictured above) or the "pink" one, which is a more neutral one. The one I got is the one in the photo.

The creams (especially the Turnaround Overnight one) are excellent, at least for my semi-dry skin. I put it on at night, and when I wake up in the morning, my face is super soft and flawless!

But in this review, I am focusing on the eyeshadow/blush compact and the lipstick.



The eyeshadows are "Beach" and "Plum" - The blush is "Mocha Pink" and the lipstick is "Clinique Different Lipstick - Raspberry Glacé"



What I like the most about the eyeshadows is that they complement each other very well when you use Beach on your eyelid and Plum on your crease. I love how Beach has an iridescent look to it, making my eyes sparkle. What I love about the lipstick, is that although it looks scary at first (at least for someone who never wears strong colours, like me) - It is surprisingly creamy and the colour is very buildable. If you just pat it on your lips a bit, it will give you a nice sheer pop of colour, but if you apply it more heavily, it will look bold.

This is what it looked like on me







Photo courtesy of Matthew Cooper Photography

Here I am wearing the eyeshadows (I blended a hint of neutral brown on the outer corners along with the Clinique colours, to neutralize it a bit), the blush and the lipstick.
The eyeliner I am wearing is MAC Fluidline Gel Eyeliner in Macroviolet.
The mascara is Dior Diorshow Blackout, and the foundation is Covergirl Natureluxe in the shade 305 Alabaster.
The earrings can be purchased here (and are currently on sale!).

No comments:

Post a Comment