Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Too Faced - "Suddenly Sexy" Set Review

Too Faced - "Suddenly Sexy" Face Kit


I recently got a great deal on this at Sephora, paying much less than the $25 price tag.
You guys know I love savings, and if I'm going to spoil myself with cosmetics, I also need to feel good about the value I got.
This palette is advertised as a "to go palette", and it is in fact palm-sized.
The good thing about this is that you can always bring it with you anywhere, because it is so highly portable.
The palette itself comes with a pretty pink bag, a mini eye shadow primer, and a black glossy eyeliner pencil. I haven't tried the pencil yet but the Too Faced Shadow Insurance eyeshadow primer that comes with this kit, is the one that has worked the best for my eyelids particularly, out of every other brand I have tried.

The entire kit contents are:
- 8 x 0.02 oz Glamour To Go Eye Shadows
- 4 x 0.01 oz Glamour To Go Lip Glosses
- 0.11 oz Glamour To Go Blush
- 0.17 oz Shadow Insurance primer
- 0.04 oz Lava Gloss Eyeliner in Black
- Makeup bag

Overall, after testing and swatching everything, I think this kit is perfect for anyone that tends to be in a hurry and needs to retouch their face or make themselves look good at some point after leaving the house. If you throw everything from the kit inside the pink bag, and a couple of small brushes, you can just leave it in your purse, and any time you unexpectedly need to look better (say your husband decides to pick you up after work and go to dinner), or to just freshen up in the middle of the day, this kit takes little space in your purse, and you don't have to worry about bringing random eyeliner or eyeshadow in your handbag any more! As far as I know this is only available at Sephora for now.


^^^IT COMES IN THIS PINK SEALED BAG. THE BAG IS SEE-THROUGH FROM THE BACK (SEE MIRROR)^^^

^^^THE PALETTE, BAG, EYELINER AND PRIMER^^^

^^^THE FOUR EYE SHADOWS FROM THE TOP ROW^^^
^^^THE FOUR EYE SHADOWS FROM THE 2ND ROW^^^
^^^THE FOUR LIP GLOSSES + THE BLUSH^^^

2 comments:

  1. Would you say these colors would work equally well with warm and cool skin tones? I am fair but have quite a warm undertone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I just tested these on myself to be able to answer that. I used eyeshadow primer to be sure the results are accurate. The results I got are: Most of it looks good with my warm tones, the only duds are the 3rd eyeshadows (from the left) on both the top and 2nd row, which are the orangey shimmer and the taupe sparkle below it. Those two did not show up very much with my warm tone, and I would probably just use them as a base to unify my eyelid before putting another more colourful shade on. The lip glosses worked fine and so did the blush, although I usually use blushes with a pinker tone.
      The shades that looked the best were the 1st shadows from both the top and 2nd row, using the top one (lighter neutral brown) on the lid, and the bottom one (darker warm brown) on the crease.

      Delete